Wednesday, May 13, 2020

HQ day 62 - Coronaville Topsy-turvy

This morning I decided to get my Coronaville and my Seasonal Temperature Quilt caught up.  It amazes me sometimes how fast these days seem to go for me, you would think they would just drag by.  Today is 8 weeks, 6 days of quarantine.  My friend Darlene gave me some fabric scraps with birds and I had a couple in my stash, so I made a bird house today.  I will use some of the other pretty fabrics with birds in future houses.  I have to search my stash for a cardinal, I think I have some Christmas fabrics with cardinals.

I watched some of the hearings yesterday with the health care folks, and its makes me feel like things are just going topsy-turvy.  Between our economists, our health scientists, our government leaders and our family/friends...how do you know who's advice to take??  I try to find a sensible approach to this crazy world and have decided my quarantine will last until I feel safe going out.  Right now, SC is re-opening, maybe Phase 1 opening, but number of cases and deaths continue to rise.  And now the scare about the children and I sure do not want to take a chance giving the virus to my grandchildren.  I am ok staying at home and I do get to see my grandchildren, although they have been instructed not to give hugs and kisses.  My hair is almost to my shoulders now, longest it has been in quite awhile. 

Looking at my Coronaville blocks on my design wall, I decided it was too orderly and organized - so I came up with a new layout.  I call it Coronaville Topsy-Turvy and will do my whole quilt like this.  I will have to come up with a little square to put in the middle.  Still not sure how many blocks will be in a row.  I guess it will depend on how many houses I end up with. I may put a little sashing between the blocks - but then I may not. 

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh Yah...
That layout sums up a lot about the whole shebang..
Hum I wonder where that term came from...
Google is my friend...

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, I like that layout. If you need some cardinal fabric. let me know. Being from Ohio, I have plenty. I think a bunch of chickadees too.
I wish I had started a quilt when I first saw yours. Is it too late?

Rose Marie said...

Your idea for the houses is spot on .... that is how the whole world is right now!