Saturday, July 23, 2016

Star of Justice Quilt

Star of Justice

Shown above is a quilt wall hanging I have been working on this week, which I simply entitled The Star of Justice.  The block is an original design of mine that I included in my book An English Paper Pieced Sampler. I enlarged the block for this wall hanging using 2" diamond foundations.

I would like to share this pattern with anyone that would like to have it.  You can download a .pdf file by clicking on the following link: Star of Justice .  You are free to use it for your own personal use or to share with others, I just ask that you do not reproduce the pattern to sale or to use in any profit making activity. 

I have been so saddened by all the tragic events going on in our country.   So my little attempt to remind us that we are one nation under God, and that I believe the vast majority of us believe in liberty and justice for all people in this great country we live in.  I hope you like it, will download the file and give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by, and may God bless America.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Aurifil BOM #3

My version of the Improv Star, designed by Christa Watson, for the Aurifil BOM being hosted by Pat Sloan. Christa chose a "crazy quilt" look for her center, but I liked a more structured look.




I delivered this quilt yesterday to a sweet baby boy who became apart of our church family in December. Hope he enjoys the bright colors and flappy caterpillar heads.


Thanks for stopping by,






Saturday, March 26, 2016

Fold and Stitch Wreath

I had to give this pattern a try after seeing it so much on facebook. It's a fun one to do, but I did have trouble when stitching the squares together, which involved stitching through two layers of the foam used in the squares and 4 layers of fabric. My machine kept skipping stitches. I tried different weights of thread, machine quilting needles and a titanium regular needle....nothing seemed to work. So I just sewed the seam twice in an attempt to fill in the skips. Has anyone else made these and run into a similar problem?



Sunday, February 21, 2016

What's wrong with this picture?

Blue caterpillar.....

Red caterpillar


Green caterpillar

Yellow caterpillar

If you think it's the green and yellow you would be right! Time to start unsewing. In addition, I don't like the outer border, so all that has to come off. I will cut it down and use for binding.

Time to put on a movie and start ripping .

Thanks for stopping by,



Friday, February 19, 2016

Hand quilting on spools

Rounding the first corner on my hand quilting project. This is a spools quilts that I English Paper Pieced quite some time ago, and just now getting it quilted. The top is quilted in the Baptist Fan pattern. The borders are needle turn applique. This is a slow process, but also a very relaxing one.

Thanks for stopping by,



Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Lake Life - Aurifil Block of the Month February 2016

February block was a challenge, but a lot of fun.  I tried out the Quilt in a Day 6 1/2" square up ruler when making the HST and it worked like a charm.  I also tried the technique for making HST where you start with two squares and end  up with 8 HST. Don't you just love making a block where you can learn new techniques!

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Swirl Away - Auriful Block of the Month; January 2016

I am participating in the Aurifil BOM Designer challenge.  This is block 1 for January and the designer is Heather Valentine of the Sewing Loft.  The design is to be blue and white, but I decided to use my stash of batiks and make a colorful block.  The white print is not a batik, but seemed to go well with batiks, so I used it.

Thanks for stopping by,