Wednesday, April 1, 2020

HQ Day 20 - Pemberley

Today is the first day of April and usually this would be a day of April's Fools jokes.  None this year, and after last night's and today's news, just not much in the mood for jokes.  But I do appreciate some bright points in the day, like my sweet Adeline and Lorelai bringing me flowers from the yard as well as a big rock.  Adeline seems to be fascinated with rocks these days, and she will bring me one or two two or a whole jar full every day or so.  She is so proud and I am so touched at these little gifts.

I did a little quilting, starting on the 3rd corner of my Pemberley.  I have been keeping a log of time spent quilting, and for the months November through February I had logged in 128 hours, 49 minutes.  For March, I logged in 110 hours, 16 min for a total of 239 hours, 5 min.  

Handquilting is relaxing to me, almost an escape from the cares of the day.  I am thankful for having my quilting hobby to keep my mind occupied and also it has provided me a means of helping a little during this time making face masks.


4 comments:

Maureen said...

Really enjoying your blog! Glad we have quilting to help keep us sane during this difficult time. Praying for safety for all.

Maureen said...

Really enjoying your blog! Glad we have quilting to help keep us sane during this difficult time. Praying for safety for all.

Kathy S. said...

We didn't participate much in April Fool's jokes here either yesterday. I did text a photo of me standing on the scale to my friend and told her it was my real weight. (We have been trying to lose weight together for a while.) This praying/fasting and rationing my food thing is going great for my diet. I'm also getting outside and walking more and "working" in the yard and house.

Your stitches are looking great. The quilt is gorgeous. LOVE that perfect flower.

Sweet of the kids to bring in flowers for you too!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I heard of a few April Fool's pranks but noone "got" me this year! ;) I'm impressed by your hours and minutes log-- stitching is just what we need right now, it calms the soul. Your Pemberly is SEW pretty!