Tuesday, March 31, 2020

HQ Day 19 - Coronaville

Today I have been working on two projects - the Lone Star and Coronaville. 

The Lone Star was cutting out the squares for the corners and the triangles between the points.  This was kinda difficult to figure out and then to cut. The corners had to be 20" and the triangles were cut from one 28" square.  Well its done, and now to try to get the quilt top assembled without puckering.

My Coronaville is actually fun to make, and is that a good thing since this is such a terrible time?  I even thought of making all the houses Black and Grey - but then there are many good things happening out there by our neighbors. Working on the blocks does brighten my days.  I have made 10 blocks so far, but today is Day 19 so I am still behind. 

I started by going through my stash and picking out 7 fabrics from each color tub - 9 colors. I then cut out enough of the pieces from each fabric to make an entire block and then sorted the pieces.  I am doing the freezer paper piecing method so the blocks go together quickly and precisely - which i am not that great at precise piecing.  I am putting them on my design wall in groups of 7 -just a way of seeing the number of weeks.  The block are numbered on the door.

I found that when I missed a couple of days, I got confused on exactly what house number is should be.  Of course I can look at the last house and see what number it is - but the problem is remembering which day that was for.  So I made a chart.  I know I started on Friday 13th in March - that was my first day of staying home.  So I made a list of the house numbers and wrote the date beside each one. Then as I make the houses, I cross it off.   I do have trouble remembering what day of the week it is - much less trying to remember what house number it should be.

Please remember all those who are putting themselves at risk just for us - health care workers, nurses, doctors, police officers, fire fighters, truck drivers bringing us food and supplies, grocery store workers, and those keeping the lights on, water running, picking up the garbage, etc.  Stay home and help keep these folks safe too.



2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I have been wanting to make a house quilt and this would have been a perfect opportunity. Now one month is gone by but maybe I have time to start as this looks like it won't be stopping soon.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love this-- your organization is commendable (and some people think that scrappy is totally random, ha!), it's fun to watch your cheerful village grow. Take care and stay safe~