Saturday, March 28, 2020

HQ Day16 - Coronaville

I don't know why, but starting a new project always makes me feel better.  So when I saw these cute blocks being offered by Moda and Miss Rosie's Quilt Co as a free pattern I could not resist.  The weblink is: Village Pattern.

 This is my first block.  I plan to make one for each day I am in quarantine in my house.  Hopefully I will not have enough blocks to make the entire quilt which calls for 132 house blocks,  But I am cutting out enough scrappy pieces for 56 blocks right now - and time will tell if I need more. The door has the house number on it.  I will use them somehow in a quilt, but hopefully it will be fewer blocks than 132, and may I can put some kind of celebration block in-between the houses.  Whatever the case may be, I am having fun cutting the pieces and getting organized.

Today, Hubs and packed up  a lot of stuff we had on our porch from going through a bunch of boxes we brought up from the basement.  The kids all went through our "treasures" and got what they wanted, Hubs and I both kept three boxes of stuff. Three boxes is pretty good, considering we brought 20 boxes up to sort through.  The rest we  packed up and will be taking to a local donation center.  I washed down the porch to get all the pollen off and hopefully I can spend a little time out there tomorrow just enjoying being outside.


No comments: