Saturday, March 28, 2020

HQ- Day 15 - Spring Flowers.

 

Today I sat out on my front porch for a little while, waving at my neighbors as they drove by.  Sounds so simple, but it was nice to see folks and be able to greet them with a little wave.  This is actually my post from yesterday.  My three sweet  granddaughters were playing in the yard and joined me on the porch for a little bit.  I am so blessed to have them living right behind my house and can see them daily.  They have not been anywhere to be exposed, and no one has been to their house.  My husband and I have been very careful, have only been out a few times to get groceries or medicines and have stayed safe distance from other people, so we feel comfortable being around them. 

Today they brought me a bouquet of flowers they picked in the yard.  Such sweet girls.

I continued hand quilting on my Pemberly - but only got in 1 hour and 43 minutes. I have been doing at least 2 or 3 hours a day, and sometimes more.  Most of the day was  spent making face masks, which we took to a drop off place in town.  They will be distributed to local health care workers.

I was 6 days behind on my temperature quilt, and got that caught up.

The table topper the flowers are setting on was one that I taught at my quilt club's retreat several years ago.  Reminds me of wonderful times spent with my quilting sisters. A good reminder of better days in the past and that will come again in future days.  Our retreat is always the third weekend in January.....hopefully we will be able to have it in 2021.

Reading over this post I realized that the fabric used in this table topper is the same fabric I made some face masks out of - one of which I am wearing in the picture on the prior post. I would never have believed all those years ago that someday that fabric would be used to make face masks in a world wide epidemic.

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lovely table quilt, it's so bright and cheerful! Take good care, stay healthy; you're lucky to have your grands so close... I sure do miss hugging mine. Sewing masks here too, with the rest of the world.