Monday, March 30, 2020

HQ-Day 18 - Another day

Today I finished up the face masks that I had nearly completed yesterday, plus two additional ones for my daughter and her son.  Timothy will be going to get his infusion on Friday, so we thought face masks were called for my grandson and his momma.  I never would have believed the day would come when I would need to make face masks for my daughter and her child so they could enter a medical facility safely.  God help us!

To date I have made 23 face masks for health care workers in Rock Hill, and 10 others for friends and family.  I have another stack of fabric cut and ready to sew up as soon as I receive some floral wire from Amazon.

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I used pipe cleaners in my masks because it's what I had on hand. Wishing your family all the best with continued medical treatment in these scary times. Bless you.

Raewyn said...

It's very disturbing times alright - wishing your family all the best. We haven't been asked to make facemasks for workers here yet, but I do know there are some in hubby's workshop should we need to use them. I do like your little house blocks - I feel the need to 'commemorate' the lockdown in a quilt some way too but haven't yet decided....