Saturday, September 15, 2018

Rainy day sewing

Today has been a day of watching the tv for news of  Hurricane Florence .  It keeps changing course and intensity.  We are going to get hit the worse tonight around 1 - 2am and then all day tomorrow.  They keep saying that there will be power outages and trees down.  We live in the country with lots of large old Oak trees, so this all makes for a tense night.

 

  I did spend some time last night and today doing some applique on my Pemberley Quilt.  Those scallops are actually appliqued to a large background. The next step will be to applique the vines, flowers and leaves that go around the center.
 
My guilds quilt show is Friday and Saturday, Sept 21 and 22.  I am doing a demo on how to board baste a quilt sandwich, and needed a small quilt top for the demo.  I had some cute duck fabric and decided to do a baby quilt.  I thought it just right to use on such a rainy windy day.  
 
If you are in the path of the storm, I hope you will stay safe and dry,
 



2 comments:

julieQ said...

What an amazing applique piece...beautiful!! That is a fun idea for a baby quilt!

Thimbleanna said...

Such a cute little duck quilt -- I think I have some of that fabric stashed away for future babies too LOL! Hope you made it through Florence unscathed!