Sunday, September 9, 2018

Ahoy!!! Whales!!



 This afternoon I attended a baby shower for a sweet young woman at our church named Heather.  This is Heather and her husband , Robert's,  first baby and I was excited about making a quilt for her.

I saw this pattern in a book called Fat Quarter Baby and had been wanting to make it. When my daughter told me Heather was having a boy, and was using Red,White, Light Blue and Navy for the nursery with a maritime theme, I thought this would be perfect.
Front view of the quilt

Back view of the quilt. The sailboat label has his name and October 2018 date - hope he does not come early!

And here is the sweet expectant Mom

4 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Oh .... adorable! That baby will love his quilt!

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, that's adorable Teresa!!! I'll bet she loved it!!!

O'Quilts said...

That is really adorable...

Scrapatches said...

This is an adorable quilt! Great choice of fabrics and pattern. The new -to-be-mom looks very happy to have it for her nursery ... :) Pat