Saturday, March 31, 2018

Determination is a Flimsey

It's a Flimsey!  Nothing left to do but the quilting.  I had thought about sending it to a longarm quilter, but I really want to quilt it myself.  I get all this hardware off my wrist and hand on Tuesday, so hopefully it wont take me too long to get the strength back in my wrist/hand to do the quilt basting and machine quilting.


I also have the binding made and wound on my binding bobbin.  My husband made these for me  after I saw them in Nancy's Notions Magazine.  He had the wooden people looking pieces in his woodcraft supplies, and had to drill the hole in the bottom and cut the slit.  My daughter, Ellen, painted them.  A ponytail holder keep the roll tight until I am ready to sew it on.

You put the bobbin on the extra thread spindle and sew away, no tangled, twisted binding to fool with :)

I usually wind it a little more evenly, but this was the best I could do one handed.

7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Cute little people. Fabulous finish!!!!

Lilac Joan said...

Wonderful Binding Pin Doll. Great job!I bet a old fashioned one piece clothes pin would work. Now just to find the clothes pin.

Anne Ida said...

Susch a sweet binding holder! And love the flimsy! Hope your arm recover soon, and you will be able to quilt it and enjoy it :-)

Julie Fukuda said...

When you need a little help, even a person made of wood will be great. Goog luck with saying goodbye to the hardware.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful flimsy!! Heal quickly and well.

Thimbleanna (anna@thimbleanna.com) said...

Ooooh, Teresa -- your quilt top is beautiful -- I love a good strippy quilt, as my mom used to call them. I hope you heal quickly -- don't overdo it too soon (do I sound like your mother LOL?)

Candace said...

Again, beautiful work, I love the pattern. The little dolls are such a cute idea, sure beat my toilet paper rolls. They go along well with the rest of my binding rig, I have a little house childs toy from Ikea with a removable lid and holes in the top. I put my toilet paper roll with the binding rolled on it, put it in the house and pull the binding through one of the holes. No rolling around the floor. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=house+toy&x=0&y=0