Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tuesday Morning finds!

Do you have a Tuesday Morning store in your town? We do, and it is one of my all time favorite places to visit. I always have to check out their sewing and craft supplies and today I found some really good buys. They often have Fons and Porter products. I have a F&P Scissor set and Rotary Cutter that I got there and they are really great to use.

The first is a set of EZ rule templates. These sold for $3.99 for the set of three. I looked everywhere for that Pyramid Ruler when I was wanting to start a Thousand Pyramids quilt and believe me, I paid a lot more than $3.99 for that one ruler when I found one.

My next find was EZ Rulers. Now I have a weakness for rulers and scissors and cutters. The small ruler was only $.99 and the larger one a whopping $1.50! The way I slice into my rulers when I am cutting out fabric, I can always use new ones.

And finally - like I said, I have a weakness for scissors and such..a set of Mundial Scissors for $9.99. Now the package says it is a special offer for $19.99 but I know I bought just one pair of these scissors years ago at a Piece Goods store and paid around $15 for the one pair on sale.

So, if you have a Tuesday Morning in your town, be sure to check out the craft area - you just never know what you might find.

And don't forget to sign up for my appreciation gift giveaway in the post before this one!

Happy Stitchin!

17 comments:

Purple Pam said...

I am a scissors/rulers/gadget fan myself. I just bought a pair of Gingher scissors at a quilt show. They are 5" knife edge scissors. This size is my favorite of all my scissors. I have larger ones, also, but I keep these smaller ones on my sewing table all the time. I have a couple other pair in my sewing kits that I take to classes, too.

Cathi said...

I didn't know our Tuesday Morning had a sewing section!

Dawn said...

I need to check Tuesday Morning out!! Like Cathi, I didn't know they had a sewing section!

Marilyn R said...

Well, I am joining the crowd! I didn't know the Tuesday Morning store had a crafts section either. I have only been in that store one time I think and that has been a while ago. Thanks for the tip Teresa!

Norma said...

I have bought Fons and Porter things at our Tuesday Morning........and I haven't been there for a while, got to GO! LOL

paula, the quilter said...

I found some lovely imported alpaca yarn from South America at my TuesMorning store. Bought it all.

bluebird-lyn said...

Hello Teresa, I wish we had Tuesday Morning finds here in Australia......love your finds what a bargain...hugs lyn

Gnomemade said...

I love Tuesday morning - but whenever I go, can never find all the great crafty things you do! You must buy them out before I get there! :)

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

We don't have Tuesday Morning stores in NH-BooHoo! Otherwise I'd be there all the time looking for great finds like these.

belinda said...

oh wow....you hit the jackpot...rulers can be pretty pricey.....hhhmmmm...I think there's a Tuesday about 70 miles from me.......

Leanne said...

They look like great finds. I wish I could buy rulers that cheap here.

StitchinByTheLake said...

We have a Tuesday Morning and I never think to go in there. Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out. blessings, marlene

Granny Lyn said...

I have to admit, I am a scissors/shears freak, too.
and wow! what deals!
We don't have a Tuesday's but there is one about and hour and a half away, might be a shopping trip on my calander soon?

thanks for the tips

Jackie said...

I had NO idea! Tuesday Morning is in a section of town that I never seem to visit. I think I'll change that!

julieQ said...

I love to go and browse all the implements, fun!

jaya said...

I remember you blog oftenly on because of the content makes very nice to read. Also I got some of the social networking website and online friends community website to get more friends for fun and entertainment to reach right destination about online friends.



Indian Friends Online Community


Social Network website


Make Money Online

Julia said...

I have a Tuesday Mornings store about 30 miles from here. I have never been inside, but you can bet I will next time I am up that way! Thanks for the tip! :~)