Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fireplace wall hanging...

Just thought I would show you all what I have been working on tonight while watching the scintillating (NOT)debate..a fall wall hanging that will go over my fireplace.


The center picture is a panel that also had the smaller pictures with it. I purchased FQ's to match to create a look of tile . I still have the sashing at the top and bottom rows to add and then I can start quilting it. Just simple quilting in the ditch around the "tiles" and something fancier in the center. I do love this fabric though.



I also finished up my Flowers block in the NPNT project: The blocks are laying on my ironing board and thus the weird background.

Hope you have all had a pleasant evening, and definitely time for me to go to bed.

10 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

I so love your autunm wall hanging. The colors are gorgeous. I had to laugh at the background on you NPNT blocks. What a fun ironing bord cover.
There is definately something up with bloglines. I must complain to my brother in law he works at google. At least give him a hard time. I didn't get emails to tell me of comments on my blog. All day yesterday it seem a little off.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- what pretty colors in your autumn wall hanging! And you embroidery blocks are adorable!

Karen said...

Your flower block is very colorful, just like flowers should be. I am using one color per block but I do like what you have chosen.

Lilly said...

What a beautiful wall hanging. The colors are perfect. I love the NPNT quilt. Yours is going to be great. I like the colorful look you have chosen. Maybe I can afford the patterns one day.

Rose Marie said...

Love your autumn wall hanging and it would be nice to have it quilted and hanging in time for your Thanksgiving. In Canada, this coming Monday is our Thanksgiving holiday.

Carin said...

So cute!!! love the wall hanging and your stitchery is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hello Teresa, I love you fall wall hanging.It will be beautiful hanging over your fireplace. Regards Lyn

Kathy said...

Love that wallhanging. I also like your NPNT blocks. Where can a person purchase the NPNT patterns?

Thanks,

Jules said...

Hello there. I am a shy lurker but I had to comment. Your wall hanging is just gorgeous. I am not normally an Autum colours person but those colours really took me in. You are obviously very clever at combining colours one thing I am not good at...lol

Jules

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Love your stitchery. So cute. Fall is my favorite time of year and your wall hannging is just the thing to get you in the mood. That and a little hot chocolate and a good stew.

www.sewhappy10000.blogspot.com