Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lasagna and French Braid

Now how is that for a subject? I do mean French Braid, not French Bread. I took a day off from work today and spent most of the morning cleaning out a closet and my sewing area. Made a trip to the dump (live in country) with a lot of stuff that I have no earthly idea why I kept in that closet, and have another big pile ready to take to Goodwill for folks to pick over and take home with them as a treasure. This afternoon I made a cherry cheesecake and lasagna for supper. This is only the second time I have tried to make lasagna, and it came out so much better than the first time. Note the casserole dish..that is a "treasure" I brought home from Goodwill. Kim had inspired me to check it now and then. For those of you read an earlier post I wrote about renovating my kitchen, you see I still have the same tired counter tops...another long story for another time.
This afternoon I worked on my French Braid quilt, cutting out all the sections for the braids. It was a lot of cutting, but I enjoy cutting and organizing my pieces in neat stacks (ok, maybe that is too much information). Anyway a very quiet, relaxing afternoon. Tonight I hope to get a braid put together, so stay tuned if you're interested in seeing how it goes. The picture looks like I stood on my head to take it! I was actually trying to get a pic without all the background stuff showing up. I guess that is what cropping is for.
Wishing you all a safe and fun July 4th tomorrow!

5 comments:

Greenmare said...

your lasagne looks very yummy and I can't wait to see more for your French Braid!

Unknown said...

You'll definitely have to make the lasagna again when I'm home!!!! Hate that I missed it. Love you, momma

el

KC Quilter said...

What a fun, fun blog you have! Glad I found it!

Thimbleanna said...

Yummm, lasagne -- now I'm hungry! Boy, I feel your countertop pain -- we have old tile icky countertops and I'm just counting the days (ok, months) until it can be replaced!

Norma said...

I am becoming a Goodwill addict. They opened a huge store up the street from my house and I have found so many fun things. I just have to remember that when I bring a bag full home, I have to take a bag back next trip!