Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Be Kind

Another block finished on my Golden Rules of Attitudes quilt - this one is Be Kind. This quilt is talking to me, or maybe I should say lecturing me, as I make the blocks. I had a couple rather unkind moments during the construction of this block and each time I picked it up I felt chastised and reminded that I should BE KIND to others, even if they were frustrating me beyond any measure. My next block is Be Patient, and I hate to think what is headed my way as I learn to be more patient.
I also began a Block of the Month with QBee Quilts, a LQS, and completed the first block. I must say a big thanks to May Britt who explained to me the benefits of placing a "lining fabric" or white fabric behind the the one you are stitching on to protect those pesky shadow lines from appearing. I tried it on this block and it worked like a charm. I have learned so much in just the short time I have been blogging!
God bless!

6 comments:

May Britt said...

Glad you liked this way to stich :)

Cathi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathi said...

Great blocks -- I keep saying I'm going to pick up some stitchery projects, and will keep that tip mentally filed away! Thanks.
Sorry about the deleted comment, but it really would help if I proofread before hitting the "publish" button!

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Lovely stitchery and wonderful detail with the spiderweb and all.

loulee said...

Lovely stitchery. :-)

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Be Kind block! You're so funny -- can't wait to read the story you put with the Be Patient block LOL!