Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lily's Quilt

Yesterday was a messy sloppy day with rain most of the day followed by a wet snow that was pretty much gone by the next day. We are thankful for every drop of moisture we receive though, regardless of the form it arrives in. I took advantage of a stay-at-home-and stay-inside kind of day to work on my new grand-niece's quilt.

This quilt was made using the basketweave pattern in the January/February 2007 Fons and Porter magazine. It was a fun one to make and I appliqued the little birdie in the corner to put in the borders, but liked it better as the label and decided to put it on the front of the quilt. I will be teaching this quilt pattern to my quilt club in March, so I better hang on to this one for a bit.

I will be going to quilt retreat on Thursday !!!! 4 days of someone else cooking and cleaning up after me and all I have to do is quilt and chat with my friends. I have already started packing - my machine and projects that is. Clothes can wait until the last minute - I do have my priorities!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Teresa! That sounds like such fun! I am definitely going to put a quilt retreat on the top of my priority list for this fall. I would love it. Love the pretty quilt you made!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and I'll link yours on mine so maybe you'll get more visitors. We have had nearly 70 inches of snow this year and it's only January so your 4 inches sounds wonderful to me. But I don't like humidity so I would hate your summers.

Carole said...

That really turned out sweet! Love the appliqued on the corner. Have fun at the retreat! I'm with you on priorities! lol Keep well!

Michelle said...

That quilt is SO precious! I really like the personalized applique in the corner!