Friday, May 19, 2023

SCANFIL

 Recently I was approached about doing a couple small hand quilting samples by a Scanfil representative.   I enjoy doing things like this so was happy to try it out, especially since I am always on the lookout for new thread to try when hand quilting.  I think this thread has been around awhile, at least I did find it on a few sites when I did a google search, but it is definitely new to me.

 I received 100% Organic cotton fabric, bamboo batting and a very nice assortment of 30wt and 50wt Scanfil threads.  Instructions to do a pattern using the 30 wt thread and the 50 wt thread, just to compare how quilting looked different using the different threads.  I so enjoyed this project and do love the thread.  I also used the 50 wt thread in my sewing machine to sew on the binding as well as hand hemming the panel.  That also worked great.








No comments: