Monday, February 6, 2023

Dear Jane Squares done

Today I made M11 Dear Jane block and that finished up all the small square blocks for me.  I did not do them in order, but rather in what I thought was Easy - Medium - Complex.  I started this around Mid-October and finished the squares this morning.  The blocks are sewn into rows, but I have not sewn the rows to each other yet.

I have 4,382 pieces so far.  Not using sashing but putting borders around the blocks and then squaring to
5 1/2" , which is what I believe Jane Stickle did.   

Now - on to Triagles for the borders!


I have also started a Block of the Month my Guild (York County Quilters Guild) is hosting called Lasting Legacy.  Doing mine scrappy style from by Batik stash  and also some bright "near" solids I have been saving in my stash.  Each month we make the same block twice.  Here is Block 1.  I have challenged myself to not foundation paper piece these block like I usually would, but work on my machine piecing skill in making 1/4" seams.  I am not the best at being precise, but these came  out ok.




No comments: