Friday, January 1, 2021

Projects To be complete in 2021

 Happy New Year!   I decided to make a list of the projects I am currently working on that I anticipate finishing during 2021.  Will be interesting how much of this I can accomplish. These arenot all my UFO's, but they are the ones I am currently working on.  So, here we go..............

First  - A baby quilt I have completed and just needs to be hemmed.  I actually got it to this point yesterday, now why I didn't hem it last night so it would be done is beyond me.  It will be completed in the next few days.






Second - a stack of quilt tops I have completed and are waiting to be quilted. 
Top is the Gail Pan Wish You Well  BOM to be hand quilted.  Next is my Temperature Quilt to be machine quilted. The  bottom is the Brimfield English Paper Pieced quilt to be hand quilted.





Speaking of quilting, I have my Lone Rose Star in the hoop and hopefully will have it completed by Spring.  

Then there is my Coronaville Quilt which I started in March 2020 when we got the Stay at Home order because of the Corona Virus, now just referred to as Covid.  I completed the top with 120 blocks, but kept on making the houses for each day until I can be vaccinated and get back to a normal life, if that will every happen.  I got behind during the holidays and right now am up to house 279 which was Dec.16.  Funny, when I started this I cut out enough pieces for 64 houses thinking that would be more than I would need.

This is a Cottage Grove quilt started in 2011.  My friend Darlene and I are both making one of these quilts and during this stay at home time, we dug it out of our UFO pile and decided to get it done.

We zoom each week to stay on task and have them both nearly finished.  All that is left are the final borders which we hope to get done on Saturday (as in tomorrow).  Then, it will be added to may "to be quilted pile" and I sure hope I can finish it before Christmas 2021.




This is an I-Spy quilt that I have started using the Quilt-AS-You-Go hexagons.  I am having a lot of fun with this one, should be completed in the next couple of months.


nd of course, there is always a new project.  This is the 2021 Bring Me Flowers Block of the Month project by Gail Pan.  I actually got the pattern yesterday as she is in Australia, so her Jan 1 was my December 31
A.  
I had selected my fabrics, thread and setup my notebook.  Sooo excited.

.
And then, as usual, I  changed my plan.  After doing the 2020 BOM Wish You Well, I really enjoyed using the various laces and trims.   I was having the hardest time with the fabrics, just was not satisfied.

So, I decided to go with one fabric for the sashing rather than the scrappy look in the pattern.  

I also decided to not use the green fabrics for the block corners but instead use an eyelet lace.  
 
The threads are still to be used .  Now I am so excited, going to have to work on this one this afternoon.  I do enjoy embroidery 




3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

You have a lot of beautiful projects to work on for 2021. I love your stitching in the Lone Star--just beautiful! Interesting making a house block a day! That's going to be a HUGE quilt front and back! Hopefully 2021 brings you joy and happiness.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh my! You have a lot of UFOs in the works. Personally, I'd feel overwhelmed if I had so many... though I know lots of quiltmakers who have lots of UFOs. Though I definitely do not focus on one project at a time, I can't have too many "waiting in the wings." Maybe it's because of my age. I'm afraid my UFOs will outlive me! :-) I admire you for taking on so much hand quilting. It's beautiful for sure, but also much slower than machine quilting. You had me giggling at your Coronaville blocks. At this rate, I think you'll end up with enough houses for several quilts! We don't anticipate receiving a vaccine until June... though we hope we're wrong. Best wishes in achieving your 2021 goals!

Thimbleanna said...

Boy -- Looks like you have your work cut out for you! I also need to make a list, but I'm afraid LOL. I love the Cottage Grove quilt -- that will be a great one to have for Christmas!