Saturday, January 30, 2021

I Spy and Baby Quilts

 Today has been a day of finishing touches.  First is my I-Spy quilt.  I made this using the Hexagon Quilt-as-you-go method.  I decided to do it all by machine, and I must admit, it is not my prettiest quilt, of quilt show quality; but I do love it!  It will be a fun quilt to play with the grandchildren, and someday maybe they will remember playing I Spy with me and want this quilt to play with their children.

Quilt Front

Quilt Back

Our church will be having a baby shower tomorrow for three expectant moms.  I have had the quilts made for a month or more now, but today I put the labels on and "wrapped" them to take to the shower tomorrow.

Close up of Sock Monkey quilt

Sock Monkey quilt

Bebe B quilt - old McCall's Magazine



Just Ducky - From an old Love of Quilting Magazine

3 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Lovely baby presents.

Julie Fukuda said...

I love I-Spy quilts. A new baby in our congregation is calling for another one to start. I think it will be a while before she starts to talk. I can't imagine sewing hexagons with a machine, even if they had been set with triangles. You continue to amaze me.

FlourishingPalms said...

How fun to make a quilt for yourself - and your grandies - as well as baby quilts for others. You've done a great job of making and finishing, and I hope that makes you feel really good. We need these "I finished it!" moments to keep us motivated, don't we? Good job!