Friday, January 22, 2021

Cottage Grove Quilt top completed

 Yesterday I completed the quilt top for Cottage Grove.  This is a pattern I have been working on since 2011.  The pattern is by The Quilt Company and we found it at a quilt show and purchased it to work on together, each making our own quilt.  

We were off to a good start, and then got sidetracked and it sat untouched until the Coronavirus hit.  We had completed the top and bottom applique borders, the bordered flower blocks and two of the houses.  We decided that we would complete the rest during these stay at home days, meeting over zoom once a week to stay on progress.  This has been a fun project to complete and I have so enjoyed meeting and working on it with my good friend.  We missed a few weeks due to needs revolving around family and doctors, but we met yesterday and sewed on the final outer borders.  So nice that we each completed our tops together, even if over zoom.

I altered some of my blocks a little, nothing much, just touches of embroidery and minor design changes.  The main change I made was adding the redbirds to the four corners.  The pattern has a ladybug in each corner.



The middle house is a Quilt shop!


Now we each have to decide how to quilt it, or have it quilted.  I would love to hand quilt it, but my stack is growing of quilts in waiting for hand quilting.  

We are both getting our first vaccination on Sunday and then the second on Valentine's day.  Hoping to start another project in March - where we can meet in person together ! 

2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Your finish is beautiful!!! Love the quilting!

Alba said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
I am trying to find the pattern for piece #5. Do you know if anyone else sells the pattern? I looked on their website and it is no longer in production. I really want to have the full set so I can finish the quilt.
Thanks for any information.
-Alba