Sunday, October 18, 2020

Wish You Well blocks

I have been working on the Wish You Well block of the month trying to catch up and have completed the first nine blocks. I just joined this BOM by Gail Pan in August, so I had a lot of catching up to do. Since my last post, I have completed the following:

July

August

September


On the September block, there is a embroidery of a pear.  I was kind of curious about that image wondering if there was any significance to a pear, if it was a symbol of something.  I did do a little google search and found that in some cultures it signifies riches, mother and child, affection, comfort and/or peace.  I did post the question on the facebook page for those doing his BOM just to see if there was something more specific in Australia.

I have also been catching up on my work on the Cottage Grove quilt.  Here is what has been completed todate.  I have started working on the corner blocks that make a border around this section.




1 comment:

Ruth said...

Your blocks are adorable! You have a lot going on in your sewing room!