Saturday, September 26, 2020

Wish You Well June block


This evening I completed the June block for the Wish You Well Gail Pan BOM.  This block came to me at just the right time.  I had been to see an oral surgeon to schedule some oral surgery to remove a tooth and bridge and was really feeling kind of glum.  I decided to do some stitching, and there was the block saying "Think Happy Thoughts."  So as I stitched it, that is exactly what I did and I did feel better by the time I finished this sweet little block.

I used the Hungarian Chain Stitch for the bow on the bouquet.  My first attempt at this stitch.

This J monogram came from an old hankie I found at an antique shop and just had to buy it since my last name begins with J.  It is actually embroidered and the little stitches in the roses are amazing.  I put the pink check behind it as the hankie was very fine and guazy.

A good thing to remember in these trying times.

Friday while Zooming with my friend Darlene, I completed Cottage 5 of the Cottage Grove  Quilt. This is the last cottage in the project and an enjoyable one to complete.





 

3 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Soooo many lovely stitches. It's looking very pretty.

Frog Quilter said...

Your small projects are perfect for when you you are down!!!! Glad you got through it! Hugs.

FlourishingPalms said...

Your embroideries are so sweet, especially the June block with the admonishment to think happy thoughts. We all need to be doing that as this pandemic seems to go on and on and on. I'm sorry about your dental work, and I hope you're healing well now.