Friday, June 12, 2020

Pemberley - Finished!

Its finished!! I began this project on Feb.5, 2018 and was so excited to get it started.  A few days later I fell and broke my wrist, and it had to sit for a few months while I recouperated.  Then that same year in November, I fell down a flight of stairs and once again, had to set it aside.  Its a lot of hand piecing and needle turn applique.  I completed the top and started hand quilting on November 16, 2019 thinking it would take a long time to quilt.  Then....the corona virus came on the scene and I had many days at home to get it quilted. Took me 373 hours, 24 minutes to complete the quilt.   Hope you can see the quilting on the back.

I have a bunch of pictures I want to post as my blog is like a quilt diary to me and I print it out at the end of each year or two.  My next post will just be a bunch of pictures.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Fantastic! I wish I could say all this down-time made me a fraction as productive. Congratulations on the splendid finish.