Tuesday, June 9, 2020

HQ Day 89 - 88 Coronaville houses

Today is Day 89, but I just finished working on the first 88 days of my Topsy-Turvy Coronaville houses.  I have renamed it to Topsy-Turvy Coronaville.  I am going to put sashing between the "quads" of houses and add a 3" border.  Found what I consider the perfect fabric for the quilt as I believe my poor Coronaville has been covered by storm clouds since this all first started.  Covid 19, Economic disasters, protests marches, riots, looting, and unbelievable talk of unfunding police departments. One brave 38 year old officer was killed in an ambush last week - left behind a wife and small child. The majority of our police are good, brave men and women seeking to keep us all safe...but you are going to find bad people everywhere, even on the police force.     I think it is good thing to review all policing policies, make changes where needed, bring justice to those doing wrong but also wrong to judge all police officers by the bad actions of a few.  I think it is a shameful thing in our country when innocent people are killed by the police, but it is also a shameful thing the number of police officers who are killed in the line of duty. All lives matter!
Landscape Medley~Stormy Skies~Lightning Cotton Fabric by Elizabeths Studio

3 comments:

tirane93 said...

i love the way you spun those houses like pinwheels. what a clever way to lay them out!

Frog Quilter said...

Little villages so cute!

What was the second picture?

Julie Fukuda said...

I am thinking my table runner will have topsy turvy in the center and lined up around the edge. I still need a few more blocks ... and a lot more time.