Saturday, April 4, 2020

HQ Days 22 & 23 - Coronaville catching up

Well I spent most of yesterday making the face masks, both to donate and to give to family.  By the time I got that done, I just kind of zoned out.

Today I woke up from a good night's rest.  This morning I have caught up on my Coronaville blocks. I had to cut more fabric as I originally cut for 62 blocks thinking that would be plenty, but think I need more the way things are going.  I am sorting blocks on my design wall in groups of 7 to represent the weeks, but have moved to putting two weeks worth on one line with a break between.  So here are the first 23 blocks.  It sure feels like its been longer than 3 weeks since this all started.

I am enjoying making them.  I drew out a paper piecing pattern in EQ.  Its a fairly simple block, but I am not all that great at precise piecing, so I do like paper piecing.  I am using the freezer paper method which saves from having to rip that paper off.  I was able to use my first paper pattern for 20 blocks, before the wax quit adherring because of all the lint stuck to the pattern.  I actually sewed on the lines a couple of times which left holes in the pattern - but hey it still worked.
I have so much stuff all over my cutting area from working on masks, temperature quilt, Coronaville, Lone Star,  mail and whatever else I set down.  I have got to take some time to  neaten up today as I don't work well in clutter.  First thing was to get my Coronaville under control.   I like to only have one project out at a time. 

So here is my Coronaville workstuff, now in a box under my cutting table.  I got those fabric markers at Tuesday's Morning and am enjoying using them on this project.
Now...get a shower, and get busy cleaning out that closet that I keep putting off.  Then I will come back here and clean up a little more - but I enjoy cleaning up in my sewing room :)








2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Control what you can-- cleaning and tidying help with that. Your colorful village is WONDERFUL!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love the way that village is coming together.