Friday, March 20, 2020

HQ - 8: Temperature Quilt

Today is the first day of SPRING and it is a beautiful day here.  Temperature high supposed to be 83 degrees :)  I took a picture of my Seasonal Temperature Quilt this morning on our slightly green front yard.

Today I added my Spring block to the last  Winter block.  For Spring, all my blocks will have this pretty green fabric, where the winter ones had the grey sparkly fabric.  I wonder what the world will be like when its time to add the Summer block?

 
 
Today is also Day 8 of the House Quarantine.  Each day the news is worse, but amazing all the good things people are doing to cheer up others and give hope. 
 
 My chore for today was going to the grocery store with my husband.  My children are more than willing to get our groceries for us, but they all have their own families to care for.  So we headed for Bilo at 6:55  this morning, and were so pleased to see that there were very few customers there.  We did not even have to wait in line at the register.  Got everything we needed except paper towels.  They were also out of toilet paper, but we have that.  Also no ground beef, but I got some frozen hamburger paddies I can use for ground beef if needed.  I held on to one bag with both hands on the way home, just to remind myself not to touch my face.  We got home, put everything away and then washed our hands, even before sitting down and relaxing.  I just pray we did not bring the virus into our home on any of the packages.
 
Its been a good day.  I did get my flower bed weeded and raked out leaves from this Fall.  My daughters both had their children playing in our back yard and I got to spend time with them.  Even got to hug my three youngest who have been isolated from others for the past week. I  needed those hugs, but understand that as things get worse in our area, that I will not be able to do that again. So far, no cases in our home town, but we are only 35 miles from Charlotte NC where there are cases.  Many people from here work in Charlotte.  Sigh, I know in my heart that things will get a lot worse before they get better, but in my faith I have hope in a loving God to help us through this time.


2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Your quilt is looking great Teresa! Your post made me sad though -- just thinking about what this stupid virus is doing to everyone -- we're all so fearful -- it's hard to imagine how we'll ever get back to what we had. XO

Julie Fukuda said...

Happy spring! It will be fun to see where this year leads. Honestly, if we are not worrying about the weather, there will be something else on the list. The news from the US sounds so discouraging. I really don't know what is happening here as the news is in Japanese, but it looks like some things will be slowly returning to normal come April. At least I am having more time for quilting...