Thursday, August 22, 2019

Michelle May workshop

My guild sponsored a lecture and workshop with Michelle May of The Raspberry Rabbits quilts.    She is an absolutely delightful, interesting and entertaining speaker.  She will be at the Houston International Quilt Festival if any of you are lucky enough to be going this year.

Her projects are simply amazing and fun.

Our workshop was to make a pincushion and this is the one I made.   I see that little wild thread in the picture, now how did I miss that before??? 

It was fun day at the workshop!



2 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
I love, love, love how it turned out! The fabric you chose to go around it is so FUN!!
Thank you so very much for taking my class. I truly had a wonderful day with you and your guild friends.
Hugs!
Michelle

FlourishingPalms said...

How fun to work on a small hand project during a workshop, rather than toting in a big sewing machine. Looks like you had some prime space for hand stitching some neat designs. And I like the back too. Now, will you be able to bring yourself to actually poke pins into it?!