Monday, May 13, 2019

Dear Jane Returns

I began my Dear Jane quilt on September 10, 2001, the day before the horrible day September 9/11.  I kept a log for a long time of each block when I finished it and what happened on that day.  Unfortunately I did not keep doing this for all the blocks.  I completed the 4.5" blocks for the quilt center on February 21, 2006 and have not worked on it since then.  Now, 13 years and a few months/days later, I have decided to finish the quilt.  I completed the first triangle block TR1 on Saturday, May 11, 2019.

I am machine paper piecing whenever I can, but on TR7 I had to do reverse applique.  I first tried English Paper Piecing on this one, but that just did not work.  The reverse applique worked fairly well, although points are not as crisp as I get them with paper piecing.   Following are the "kites" I have completed as of today.  Kinda of wonky, but done!











3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Yay for you. One of these days mine will re appear. Lol.

julieQ said...

Wow! That is a ton of progress...I have one half done as well.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have always admired those quilts but don't know if I would ever have the patience to pull one off. Great progress!