Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Pemberley

I spent this afternoon working on my Pemberley quilt.  This is just the center oval, and today I completed the brown edge around this center oval.  I am trying to work at least once a week on this project, which is rather overwhelming if you look at the entire quilt. 

This is a picture I pulled off the internet of the entire quilt, so you can see I just have completed that tiny little oval in the center, but progress is always good.










I have also started hand quilting my Star of Bethlehem quilt.  This one is going to take awhile as I am doing it in a regular stitch with #40 YLI hand quilting thread.  But then I am not in any hurry.  I ordered some corner stencils that I am going to use to set off the blocks - working on one of those now.  Will have a picture soon.

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Rome was not built in a day, so they say. Nothing wrong with taking small steps and enjoying the journey.

em's scrapbag said...

Little by little you will get it done.

Clare said...

You are further on with your centre of `Pemberley`than I am. Very slow on mine. Love your progress,maybe get mine out again!I do love my fabrics. Happy Stitching