I am having a great time making the blockhead blocks, but have learned and accepted that they will never be as perfect as so many that the other blockheads are posting. I have tried paper piecing them, measuring and re-measuring, re-sewing each block multiple times....and to no avail, they simply are not going to be as perfect as what I see on-line. (Personally, I think they are photoshopping those pictures!)
What I have learned through this process, is to strive for perfection, love the process but to not be discouraged when things don't go quite like I had hoped. After all, a 6" block with 40 pieces is truly a miracle if it all come together perfectly.
So here is my latest block - Block 8. I know what the problem is, its that bottom HST is not right and needs to be re-sewn. There are also a few AWOL points. Am I going to "fix" it - nope, I like the block, I tried my best and it is what it is. When I cropped this picture, I cropped off the seam allowance on that top row, but believe me - they are there.
Thanks for stopping by....Teresa