I finally got to the point of sewing on the Bali Wedding Star quilt tonight.
Took me awhile to line up the strips for part A.
I found I had to take it one step at a time, and do exactly what the instructions said to do. Instructions told you which strips to stack first, and whether to stack them right side up or back side up. Also, instead of starting with strip 1, it started with strip 4 which was the center strip. Like I said...I just followed the instructions.
You start paper piecing in the center first, which is why you start with strip #4.
I must say, even though there are 21 pages of instructions for this kit, if you just take it a step at a time, the instructions are very good!
One thing I did a little different, was when it came time to trim Unit A on the outside line . Instructions said to use a rotary cutter, but that kind of made me nervous. So I baste stitched on the outside of the cutting line, and then used scissors to trim the piece on the cutting line, which also cut off my basting stitches. Worked really well for me.
And here are 8 completted Unit A arcs. Only 80 more Unit A's to go!
Then its on to Unit B which is the other half of the arc.
Looking forward to working on this quilt.