Friday, January 20, 2017

Inauguration Day Sewing

Today is a day that makes USA proud as a new president is inaugurated.  Whether you voted for the new president or not, it still shows the greatness of our country and as the newscasters keep saying, the peaceful exchange of power.   I just pray that all goes well for our peace keepers on this day, and I pray for our new president, vice president and their families.  God bless America!

This morning I spent my time hand quilting:

Wreath quilt project - working on border
 This afternoon I have been working on  my Star of Bethlehem quilt.  The star blocks are English Paper Pieced and there will be two of 6 different colosr, one on a pink background and one on a yellow. I have completed all the hour glass blocks made that separate the star blocks as well as the HST that make up the borders.  That outer dark color is actually a dark pink, with light pink and yellow flowers. 
 
 

3 comments:

regan said...

Beautifully said! And that star quilt is going to be amazing!

Julie Fukuda said...

I am looking forward to the day I can turn on the TV without hearing politics. Your projects are moving along nicely.

FlourishingPalms said...

I really appreciate what you've said, Teresa! Instagram on Friday and Saturday was full of negativism from those (quilters) whose favorite wasn't elected. They were wearing black, boycotting TV, marching, and saying "not my president." So much hate and discord that "they" have become exactly who they say the rest of us are! The inauguration ceremony was lovely, no matter what your political persuasion. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking of the dignity and history of the office, and the stateliness of the position. People have never prayed so much for the success of a president.