Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Patchwork of the Crosses - making progress!

The last few days I was at a mini retreat with two friends ( Darlene and Brenda) working on our Patchwork of the Crosses blocks. We have each finished all the blocks and helped each other layout the blocks and tag them In the order they will appear in the quilt. I got the first two joined together and it is so exciting to see the quilt top coming together, 2 down, 54 to go.

My new notion - these have been around for awhile now, but I just got mine yesterday. You can thread 10 needles and put them into the spindle so that as you hand sew or quilt you have 10 needles ready to go. This is great for when I English paper piece, as I use a needle with a small eye and since my cataract surgery I am having trouble seeing to thread needles. Using my clover needle threaded, I can get 10 needles threaded and loaded in the spindle in the amount of time it would have taken me to thread 2 or 3 needles without these tools. It's great when sewing in the car as well to have threaded needles at hand. Cost was $8 at a local quilt shop.

Thanks for stopping by,

Teresa

 

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Great job. I love that pattern ... as you may recall ... and looking at your progress makes me want to dump everything i am working on and make another.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I wish I had some quilty friends to have mini retreats with ... you're so blessed. I have the papers to make a POTC, but I really ought to finish up my EPP bow tie blocks first. I bought one of those threaded needle holders in Paducah in April, and it still sits in the original packaging. I must get it out and loaded, especially considering that we'll be taking a road trip in a couple of weeks.