Monday, July 9, 2012

Do you hand quilt?

I have been busily trying to finish this project in time for our guild's quilt show in October.  I have quilted all around the appliques, and the two borders and am now working on a grid over all the remaining "unquilted" parts of the quilt.

 For the first time I am trying the masking tape method for marking my lines and I really like this method.  I have 6 needles going across - now if I just had 12 hands I might get this done in time.  I have the lines in one direction about half done, I think - progress is slow, but steady.

I really need to learn to take better pictures!

I have also been working on the cute little thimble pips from Willowberry Designs.  They are fun to make and hopefully I will get a few more done for the guild's boutique at the quilt show.

And then there is always these little distractions to keep a Granny away from her stitching. 

Happy Stitchin!

Teresa

9 comments:

Shakerwood said...

Sorry, I thought this one was done and long gone. Glad to know it will be in the show. Which winning ribbon are you going to put on it? wink ....

FlourishingPalms said...

Good for you to be hand quilting. I enjoy it immensely but never do it because it doesn't help me get quilts made quickly. Enjoy the process, and the grandies!

Leeanne said...

Tough work keeping up with the stitching when there's the cute grandkids about!

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like fun -- I LOVE using tape for my straight lines in quilting -- so much faster than marking. Good Luck getting finished in time!

Alyssa said...

Lovely project. You know you sound like my mom when you said about "little distractions". :D

---------
colorado springs divorce attorney

em's scrapbag said...

I use to do more hand quilting. Now if I do it, it is usually big stitch with embroidery floss.

Candace said...

Your project is lovely. I enjoyed hand quilting, but I haven't done any in years. One of my first projects was a lap quilt (Georgia Bonesteel style) and I have enough squares for a queen sized quilt hand quilted and not put together yet, I need to finish it.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great idea to keep more than one needle going! I loved seeing the photo of your project and was happy to see another BeAttitudes quilt being quilted!

Purple Pam said...

Love those little distractions! I do hand quilt, but not as much as I would like. My hands hurt if I quilt a lot. I am like my friend who says, "I quilt by check."