Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you all.  I hope you have had as enjoyable a weekend as I have.

Between two family gatherings, an egg hunt, wonderful church service and and sittng under the shade tree there has not been much sewing going on here.

I did get ready for a workshop tomorrow with Jane Garrison, of YLI.  This workshop is called Sewing Zen and its all about how to use different threads and needles in machine work.  Hopefully after the workshop, I will no longer be afraid to adjust my tension!








 Construction continues on the house.  Here is the porch after Day 2.
And this is after Day 3.

These were both short days, as there were rain delays in the morning, and special Easter activities in the late afternoon. 

But its coming along very nicely!

Thanks for stopping by,
Teresa
27219

7 comments:

Leeanne said...

Happy Easter from New Zealand.
What a gorgeous home you have.

Shakerwood said...

I really LIKE it. Have fun in the class tomorrow. I am going to take that one some day. I didn't even read the last newsletter to see that it was being held.

Julie Fukuda said...

That is a lovely deck. We had a family reunion in a place in Minnesota where all the cottages had big sunny decks like that and It was so nice to sit out and quilt and enjoy the view.

Thimbleanna said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter! And your porch is coming along great -- I love the pretty white railings!

Floss said...

Glad you had a good Easter, the porch is coming along nicely

em's scrapbag said...

Easter is a lovely holiday full of hope.
Your home is lovely. So happy for you and the beautiful changes you are making.

Purple Pam said...

Glad your Easter was wonderful. Nice looking deck being built.