Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mid October - Hard to believe!

Yesterday, we had family pictures made and Fred and I did  a touch of Christmas shopping!  Can you believe Christmas is only about 9 weeks away!  Life is just flying past and I so wish I could slow it down a little.  

The month started out great, with the annual Quilters of SC retreat.  I am probably the last person to blog about the retreat, and I don't have any pictures to show, but I can show you something I finished there. 

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa...its my Be Attitudes quilt.   Well, its almost finished - the top is done anyway.

It is a beautiful day today, so I took some pictues outside, and we have lots of trees in our yard, so please just look beyond the shadows.

I have finished all the coloring and embroidery on my Acorn and Oak leaf Wreath - at least one of them.  I am making three which will eventually become a table runner.  I will be doing a demonstration on this technique at guild meeting tomorrow night and needed some in various stages for demonstration purposes.


Another project finished is the September Gifts of Grace block - Gentleness (see sidebar for link).  Just love the roses on thiss block!














Overseeing the photo shoot is Izzy - my daughter Ellen's  little pooch.





We took the kids to see Toy Story Disney on Ice. We rode the Monorail, saw the show and finished the outing at McDonalds  with chicken nuggets and icecream.  It was a fun day!

From Left to right are Ellen, Tess (5), Malachi (almost 4), Timothy (4) and the Leader-of-the-Pack, Levi (7)










Hope you are all enjoying some beautiful Fall weather. 

For me - I am running off to join the circus!!!  More on that later......

Teresa
21930

10 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I can't believe you're Christmas shopping already....

You have adorable grandkids!

Purple Pam said...

Looks like you have been very busy. The Gentleness block is so pretty. Love the little pups and the photo of the kids and Grandpa.

Julie Fukuda said...

I am wondering if you used a pattern for the quilt or it is your own design. It is a little light in the picture behind the tree.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I need to finish my Be Attitudes top, congrats on finishing yours. You are one busy lady these days~ your grands are adorable.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, the circus sounds intriguing! and YAY! You finished your Be Attitudes -- it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Like the Be Attitudes!!

Have you ever considered traveling to another guild to have a program on your technique? I'm not the program person for our guild but could pass your name.

Floss said...

I picked up DH Christmas present the other day and was thinking that I was a bit early,but I think I may just be running later on every one elses.

Love the top, it very pretty.

Ellen J said...

I miss you!!! Hope you're having a great time. :) Love you!!

Ellen

Marilyn Robertson said...

Could you share a little more about how you colored in and embroidered the leaf block? If you have already and I missed it I apologize, but am intrigued. It is beautiful!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your beattitudes quilt! I am still working away on my blocks...slowly but surely!