Sunday, August 29, 2010

Anderson Area Quilt Show

Saturday my husband and I drove down to Williamston, SC to visit the Anderson Area Quilt Show.
Fred went as my photographer and really showed an interest in the show - that is how the quilt racks were constructed and arranged.  He made a purchase of a quilt hanger, which unfortunately I did not get a picture of, but hopefully will have it on display soon.  Hubby is a talented woodworker and I see more of these quilt hangers in my future :) 

Before I show you the pictures from the show, I have to tell that Fred has been in the hospital this past week with a heart attack scare that turned out to be a reaction to meds and low potassium.  So when I say he went with me to the show, after getting out of the hospital on Friday, you see how very nice that was of him to do.   While sitting in the hospital, I did manage to get some hand quilting done on my spools welcome wall hanging.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy handquilting.  I am good at it, but I do enjoy doing it, and that is what counts - just don't count my stitches per inch!


Cathi, of Shakerwood Primatives, was at the show and  if you want to check out her wonderful hand-dyed wools visit Shakerwood Woolens.

I came home with a few myself, but te photograph does not do the softness of the colors justice.

I also came home with some fabrics from the other vendors  and a pack of Roxanne Applique Needles.  Have any of you tried those?  I have not used them before, but have heard good things about them.

Notice all the blues in my fabrics selections?  Ask me my favorite color, and I will say I like them all.  Look at my stash, and you will see the majority is blue - hmmmm.  Purple and Orange share a tub in my stash, where blue takes three overflowing tubs. 

So here are some of my favorite quilts from the show.  The show was a lot of fun and my congratulations to the quilt guilds putting it on for a job well done.  There are some amazing hand quilters and appliquers in these guilds!

Thanks for stopping by,
Teresa
20809






7 comments:

Shakerwood said...

Look at those lily white legs !!!! You would think I didn't get outside at all !

At least two of those quilts won ribbons. Glad to see you and Fred there. He is such a trooper!!

Joyce said...

Teresa,
Thanks for sharing the photos. What fabulous quilts!!!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Thanks for the quilt show! I have used Roxanne Applique Needles and they are among my favorites.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- it looks like it was a wonderful show. Well, they're always good when we come home with goodies, aren't they? Love your pretty little spools.

Floss said...

Thanks for sharing the picture from the show.

Purple Pam said...

Glad Fred's stay at the hospital was not as serious as it could have been. Thank you for sharing the pictures of all those beautiful quilts.

Becky said...

Wow! Glad Fred's health scare was not as serious as it could have been.What a honey to go with you to the quilt show. Enjoyed the quilts!