Saturday, June 13, 2009

First Ever Primitive Kit!

Yesterday, Cathi (Shakerwook Primitives) and I traveled to Landrum, SC to visit the guild's quilt show and check out all the vendors. They have a great show and I will post a few pictures at the bottom of some of my favorite quilts. I am sure Cathi will be sharing a few on her blog soon too!
While there, I purchased a primitive quilt kit by Bareroots - Nativity Candle Mat. These little mats were in just about all the vendors shops and I think they are a really good way to complete a small project and get a taste for Primitive wool applique.

Enjoy the pictures from the show - its a very goon display of some wonderful quilts. If you're in that neighborhood this weekend - check it out!

5 comments:

Karen said...

You will love working with wool!

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa, enjoyed seeing the quilts, thank you for your thoughts for Jess.....Hugs Lyn

*karendianne. said...

How exciting! Your wool kit is a great way to get started. And I love those quilts. That Churn Dash really attracted my attention. Yummy. Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa, thank you for visiting...can you tell me in your photo's whether the second photo is a Dear Jane Quilt.....hugs lyn

Anonymous said...

Heh Teresa, I think I should have a closer look......a square in a square pattern? Regards Lyn