Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friendship Block Swap #2

Yesterday Cheryl, Carol and I exchanged our Friendship blocks for the second time. The fourth Wednesday of each month has taken on a excitement of its own as we meet for lunch and exchange our blocks. And here they are.....

Carol made the heart and Cheryl the American Flag in honor of July being USA's birthday - July 4th, Independence Day! I just love these blocks and feel blessed to live in this wonderful country!

And what did I make for this Independence Day month? A pineapple of course!!! And why a pineapple you ask? Because this is the land of the free and I could! Ok, I really just wanted to try my hand a pineapple blocks and this was a good way to do it without having to make an entire quilt. Happy Stitching !

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! The blocks are all going to look great in a quilt -- isn't it fun???

Mary said...

I like your pineapple block very much, you had a great exchange!

Norma said...

I would like to see a whole quilt made from your pineapple block. It is really nice.

Carole said...

Nice blocks! Have fun!

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I love your pineapple block - it looks great!

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

That's a great looking pineapple block, I have to try that one some time in the future.

Anonymous said...

Your weekly lunch applique group sounds like so much fun! Do you have any rules about size etc. for your monthly Friendship Block Swap?

Lyn said...

Hi Teresa, I love the pineapple block, did you foundation piece the block or not?What was the finished measurement? Your block exchange looks great, did you have any hard and fast rules? Warmest Regards Lyn