Friday, May 16, 2008

French Braid

I am still at home sick with bronchitis, but have found a good use of my time. I have begun working on a class sample for a French Braid quilt technique that I will be teaching at my club in June. I limited myself to just fabrics I had in my stash and that meant maybe not getting the transition between fabrics that I would like, but all in all I think it is looking good.....except.....

Notice anything a wrong in this picture? Yep, I have the center flower on its side. That must have been after I took one of my meds, and that is my story and I am sticking with it. So I guess today I will be doing some froggin' (rip it, rip it). I have 6 more braid fabrics to add, going from green to a dark purple that is in the flowers.
This pattern is by Jane Hardy Miller in a book entitled French Braid Quilts just incase you are interested.
The kitchen project continues as today my new range and dishwasher will be delivered!!! Geez, I hate to see what lies underneath my old range and dishwasher.


Joanna said...

I didn't even notice the flower wasn't the right way up until you mentioned it! I love doing projects that use what you already have in your stash. I am one of those weird quilters that likes to use what I buy instead of just staring at it, unable to cut into it lol!!!

Gretchen said...

I can't wait to see the rest of this quilt. Looks great. Hope you feel better soon :)