Monday, February 12, 2024

Kira Quilt - Sunshine

 I recently took a workshop at SewEndipitous taught by Diane Quirk for the Kira Quilt.  This is a quilt designed by GE Designs


I love the pattern, but I saw sunshines rather than the colorful blocks used in the picture.  So I chose to do my in Yellow and White with a Sunflower border.  This is my EQ version of the quilt. 


I finished the quilt and am now in the process of Big Stitch hand quilting it.   I love the look of the sunflower stencil I am using in the center of each block but have not decided yet how to quilt the space between the sunshines.  I am using Size 8 DMC perle cotton to stab quilt, yellow on the white centers and white on the yellow centers.  I do love to big stitch - and this block just seem perfect for that type of quilting. 









1 comment:

TIFFANEE NOACK said...

Hi there. I emailed you asking about one of your quilts called Jacks Chain. A picture of it was posted in a Facebook page. I’m looking for the pattern. However I strongly believe in giving credit to the person whose quilt was being shown. My email is quiltcavequilts@att.net. I’m a blogger as well but haven’t updated my page in many years. You have also inspired me to do that as well. I am looking forward to following you when I can figure out my google password to log into blogger lol.