Saturday, March 11, 2023

Delaford - by Katrina Hadjimichael

 As if I do not have anything to work on, I have started a new project, designed by Katrina Hadjimichael called Delaford.  When I first saw this quilt on her website, I knew it was destined to be in my projects, but had to wait until she offered if for sale to the public.  She does the workshops for new patterns and does not release them until at least a year of workshops - so I patiently waited.  Oh how I would love to attend one of her workshops - but they are all in Australia or England.

I had been collecting fabric for awhile now in anticipation of starting the project.  I love the Bohemian fabric I found at SewEndipitous and have added some batiks to it to complete my palette todate.  I have started working on the border beside the flowers, mainly because I wanted an EPP project to take places, and had none in process (well I do have that pi quilt, but I keep forgetting about it.)  

This is my fabric palette to date, I am sure I will probably add more.



So here is the border as shown in the picture above:
And the one using my fabrics:
My background color not showing up so great, but it is a pale yellow - the color of butter.  I am using white in the blocks and the white will show up other places on the quilt as well.  These are not sewn to the border fabric yet, and will be spaced correctly.  I am excited to have begun working on the quilt :)

I am also progressing on my second Dear Jane Quilt - making this one as a teaching quilt for a class I am currently conducting.  I have completed all 169 blocks (made between mid-October thru mid-February) which was a feat for me, considering my first DJ took me three years to get to that point.  I am now working on the triangles and 26 of the 52 completed. I completed the last two after I took this picture.  This is the top and bottom borders.
Also trying to keep progress moving along on my Americana Sampler quilt and completed these blocks since my last club meeting on February 8:
.....and one last picture of my progress on my guild's block of the month.  A quilt called Lasting Legacies and I am doing mine from my stash of batiks.  There are the March blocks:











1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

It's very apparent you haven't lost a bit of motivation when it comes to quiltmaking! You pick the most detailed, most challenging-looking designs! Is there any chance Katrina Hadjimichael offers virtual workshops? I don't know if you've gone down that path since the pandemic, but I've found virtual workshops to be very worthwhile. I can't say enough good things about how great it is to be at home, in one's own sewing room, to choose fabric and use supplies as needed, while the teacher patiently takes time, in turn, to talk through a lesson with each student. Anyway, if you have the chance to learn from Katrina via Zoom, I'd recommend it. In the meantime, you're certainly finding plenty to keep you occupied! Keep enjoying!