Sunday, May 22, 2022

Another hospital stay -Grandmother’s Flower Garden

 Well, we are back in the hospital. Fred, my husband, had back surgery March 29 to do fusions on L1, L2 and repair previous work on L3. He was in rehab for two weeks after that and came home.  Instead of getting better, he began having pain and they put him on steroids for a week or so at the end of April.  Once the steroids were gone, the pain returned with a vengeance as well as some major headaches. He ended up back in the ER ON May 16 unable to walk because of the intense pain.  After a CTScan and MRI they found fluid building up around his spine and what appeared to be a CSF leak at L2.   Surgery on May 19, three day lying flat on his back and today he is virtually pain free and able to walk.  He will most likely be here until Monday or Tuesday and then back to rehab for about a week.  They took him off the steroids today and we will if the pain and headaches return. They determined that the L1 ans L2 screws had become loose and the L2 was rubbing a hole in the spinal fluid covering.  

So, we have been in the hospital for a week now, but there is a light at the end of this tunnel.  When not up and down doing things for him I have been adding a border to mg GFG, rounding the last corner this morning.

I am doing the border all in hexagons.  I have been inspired by Wedgewood China do applique a floral border all in white, using the same fabric used in the diamond sashing (Moda Snow).  



2 comments:

loulee said...

I hope all goes well.
Your border sounds lovely, looking forward to seeing it.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh my! You've sure been testing your care-giving abilities, haven't you?! I'm sorry to know what both of you have been dealing with. I've been told that there's no pain like back pain, so I sympathize. Though, I've had no personal experience with it. I hope he makes a good recovery. As us quilters do, making the most of a bad situation, you'be grabbed handwork. I'm sure it's soothing, relaxing, and making you feel better. Such good therapy. Take care!