Wednesday, January 19, 2022

January Organization

 At a recent retreat of my club Stitchin' Friends, Linda D challenged us to get organized and is going to get us started by giving us one task to do each month.  Well for January, it was actually two tasks:

1 - Clean out all your pens, pencils, markers, etc and throw away what no longer works.

2 - Clean out the wheels of your chair

Well I have a new chair and the wheels are nice and pretty and clean, so I did not have to do that one, but now the other was quite a challenge.

Here is the before picture: This is a nice tray/box that someone gave me years ago and it sets in a file cabinet drawer beside my sewing table...over the years, I have just dumped so many markers, pens, hi-highters, mechanical pencils and other stuff.  So I took every thing out, decided what I wanted to keep, threw away pens and markers that no longer had ink and put away stuff that did not belong in there.

Before

This is the box after.  I was amazed at the pens and markers that no longer work.  I used containers that sugar free drink packets come in to sort what I had left.  The plastic storage box will hopefully go home with the grandkids - its full of mechanical pencils and pens that I no longer use or want.  I even had room to put my note pads that I can never find when I need them.
AFTER


I did find some stuff in the box that did not belong there and have either throw away or put away where they belong
And there is one mystery - any idea what this is?   I don't know where I got it or what its for, but its just too darn cute to throw away, so it went back in the box:









3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is that a hot wax wand for working with batik printing?
Let us know what you figure out

JustGail said...

Until I enlarged the photo, I thought the mystery item was one of those wax holder/melters for making Ukranian Easter eggs. But seeing as it's wood, and not hollow, that ain't right. Another tool for stuffing items? Gently bop someone who's being a pest on the head? I have no idea what it really is.

Nice work on the pens and markers.

Julie Fukuda said...

My daughter belongs to a tidying group that takes before and after pictures with each challenge. I sure don't think would like to share my "before" pictures with anyone.