Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Lone Rose Star quilt top DONE!

 Today I have my Lone Rose Star quilt top completed, ironed and taken to a long-arm quilter for basting the quilt sandwich.  I plan to hand quilt this one, but when its a queen size its always nice to have it basted by someone with a long arm machine.  Looking at the picture I can see where I should have interchanged a pink and a yellow Rose Star - but too late now.  Funny how these things always show up in a picture.


I also got a little work done on my Brimfield blocks - Completing Block 11 and 12 - that leaves 8 to go.


One more progress step in the right direction - my Wish You Well block number 5 for May.  I am having so much fun working on these blocks.  I do love this block, I think the embroidery in the bottom left corner is my favorite so far.






1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

Good for you to be making progress on several projects! I agree that having a longarmer baste your quilt for hand-quilting is a good idea. I also agree about seeing mistakes in a photo! I recently posted a picture on my blog and Instagram of a finished quilt top... with one whole section turned the wrong way! Dozens of people paid the nicest compliments, and a day later, when I saw my error (I've since taken apart the quilt top and turned that section 180-degrees), I couldn't believe I missed it, and that others didn't see it too! I now see the great need to take pictures of a quilt top BEFORE quilting it!