Friday, April 10, 2020

HQ Day 28 - Pin Cushions

This is Thursday, Day 28.  I did not post yesterday (Day 27) just nothing new to post. I did finish 20 face masks yesterday and hope to get them to the dropoff today.

In the morning, I finished making my pin cushions. These are small (2 1/2" square) and made to slip in a sewing kit you take along somewhere (if we every get to go anywhere again).

I paper pieced these small blocks, drawing them in EQ and then printing out the foundation paper pieces.  Sure makes this little piecing easier.  Traditional block patterns I used were :  String block, Pyramid block, Churn Dash, Shoo Fly and Maltese Cross.

I sat out on my porch, enjoying the beautiful day and filling them with crushed walnut shells and stitching up the opening.  Made for a pleasant afternoon.  Completed 17 of them and someday they will make sweet little gifts.


1 comment:

Hilachas said...

Those pincushions are adorable. Good idea to use paper-piecing for those small pieces. I also love sewing pincushions and have been preparing for the upcoming Pincushion Parade. You might think of joining as well. https://mysismademe.blogspot.com/2020/05/i-love-parade.html