Monday, April 6, 2020

HQ Day 25 - Happy Moments

Today I did not do anything new in my sewing room - prepping more masks.  I like to think of the people who might wear these masks and say a little prayer as i am making them.  Sometimes its even shedding a few tears, which was the way today started as I was watching the Today Show and they showed so many touching things people were doing for each other, and also the stories of some of the people that did not survive the virus. 

Surprise visit from my daughter, her husband and 4 of her 6 children this morning - right at the time my heart needed a pick-me-up. The little ones decided to do some sidewalk chalk art on our driveway and that just makes me smile to see their childhood expressed happily in their art. My daughter insisted that the kid would stay in the yard not to expose my husband and me to anything they might have and she sat on the porch steps.  Not sure I will ever get used to this way of living and pray that it never comes to this again.



After they left, I sat on the porch and counted my blessings.  In a flower bed that borders the front porch, I have planted iris bulbs that were my originally planted by my father all around his yard.  He loved the irises and had numerous beds.  They are really blooming and "showing off" this year and add a lot of beauty to these days.

No comments: