Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Pemberley Top complete!!

I can't believe it, but I actually have finished my Pemberley Quilt top.!!!  I tried to hang it up to take pictures, but I am really not supposed to be on a ladder since I had that dreadful head concussion last year, so I just spread it out on my guest room bed.  I was delighted to see that it will be big enough for a bedspread and now I know it will reside in this room once I have it quilted.    I am going to hand quilt it, so this might get done in time for my Guild's quilt show in September.



 
I was very anxious about the mitered border for the corners, but they actually turned out pretty nice, and not as difficult as I expected them to be.




And just to prove you can teach this old dog new tricks - I was having a lot of trouble pinning the borders to the top as the pins kept coming lose and falling out when I was sewing.  This has been a problem for years, but was driving me crazy on this quilt.

Getting so aggravated as they really had to be pinned just right for the quilt to stay square.  Then I though, maybe I should stick the pin through the fabric twice. Presto, no more pins falling out or coming loose.

Now some of you may have known to do this your entire sewing career, but for me, it was a new idea.  Why didn't my Momma teach me this when I first started sewing??  Sure would have saved me some aggravation over the last 60 years.  Well, in all honesty, she may have tried - but I always didn't listen closely.

Thanks for stopping by,
Teresa
 
 
 

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely, beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see how you quilt her. Happy Stitching!

Rebecca said...

Don't you just love those "duh" or "oh Hell" moments?

O'Quilts said...

Your work is brilliant...xo

Julie Fukuda said...

That bed is going to be very happy to get the quilt.
I often have pins escaping and twice seems to help a bit more.

Karen said...

Beautiful finish. The medallion center makes the quilt very special.

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Teresa! I love the colors!