Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday progress

Today has been a much needed quiet day at my house.   After church, hubby and I went to Sonny's BBQ for lunch, and after getting back home, I took a much needed Sunday afternoon nap for an hour. After all, our Pastor preached this morning on keeping the Sabbath as a day of rest.

I did a little quilting today on my floral panel .  Still working with the gold thread and getting better at doing it.  I have one more short side border to complete and then it will be finished - at least for the quilting.  After I get the binding sewn on, I want to try adding some beads to one side of the narrow border.


I also completed the applique prep work on the two ring flower blocks for the Pemberley quilt.  One good thing about appliqueing something that you EPP, then edges are all nicely turned under, which makes appliqueing them to the background much easier.  I found it best to pin to the background first, then baste in place so that the pins can be removed.  Before I kept having the pins work themselves out while I was appliqueing and the block would even shift a little.

I had already completed two of the blocks without basting after pinning - but I now have the remaining six blocks basted and ready for applique.  Once the applique is completed, I can square up the blocks to the correct size, and then applique two little Dresden pieces to each corner of the block.  With that, the blocks will be finished and I am ready to sew them together to make the final quilt border.  So close to getting this quilt completed




14 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Your Pemberley is coming along nicely!

Frog Quilter said...

Oh wow. Fabulous.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Very pretty; Pemberley is absolutely lovely. We need to be mindful of rest, it's NOT a waste of time but keeping God's holy day of rest. (This is very hard for me to remember!!)

Karen said...

Your Pemberley quilt is going to be oh so pretty.

FlourishingPalms said...

I love how you keep the Sabbath, to make it Holy. Bless you! Your hand quilting looks really nice, and certainly must be more challenging to do with metallic thread. But between that, and the lovely gold-thread chain stitching, it's gonna look fabulous. You'll make it even more fab with beads too! Have fun with your Pemberly quilt. I've just started my Prudence quilt.

Anonymous said...

Both projects are wonderful, but I am especially partial to your ring flower blocks. Gorgeous!

time4stitchn said...

Love your EPP. I did a dresden with star points from a pattern by Edita Sitar. But yours is really beautiful and I love the secondary ring around it. Maybe it would be better if we had Sunday more as a day of rest. I keep remembering my mother's stories from when she was young and she couldn't do anything but read and needlework. Even Grandma did not prepare full meals on Sundays.

Julie Fukuda said...

I am enjoying the progress of your projects and look forward to seeing more.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Teresa wow you do such beautiful work,I am also your newest follower,hope you will visit and follow me too.
Your appliqué EPP blocks are beautiful ,your project is going to be stunning,hope your day is a good one xx

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quilter Kathy said...

These Pemberely blocks are so pretty... can't wait to see how this project develops!

O'Quilts said...

Beautiful work

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just adore your Pemberely blocks. Your work is gorgeous.