Saturday, July 20, 2019

Border Workshop

 
I recently took a border workshop, taught by Joyce Walton a member of my guild, York County Quilters Guild, Inc.  She had developed this very easy method of making this border.  The panel is one I purchased several years ago and could not decide what to do with it, I just thought is was the most beautiful panel I had ever seen.  This border treatment seems to suit it so well.

I am pleased with the result, but now having trouble deciding how to finish it.  Joyce did a presentation at our last guild meeting and she does the most beautiful quilting with decorative threads, beads, embroidery - I left so inspired wanting to use some of these techniques in this quilt.  She both hand quilted and machine quilted with the decorative threads, and that is what I am battling with.  I don't want to do heavy quilting in the panel, as I think it would take away from the pretty floral design.

Its up on my design wall, waiting for me to make up my mind.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh so pretty! A border workshop sounds perfect -- borders are so easy to "mess up" LOL. Yours goes perfectly with your center!